Wednesday 6 August 2014

Never Give Up Even When You Have the Chance to

Article Written by Olajide Ishola (MrEbony)
 
A lesson I Re-learn about life: I had my first workout in four months earlier this morning. The urge to workout came during my late night ‘Tving’ and the fact that I can’t live with this protruding belly, I’m not a politician. I knew I wasn’t gonna sleep all night due to the unusual four hours nap I had yesterday afternoon when PHCN did what they know how to do best. 

After switching from channels, I decided to lace my running shoes around 5:40am which I tucked away since my final papers. I said the morning prayers and hit the road. I stated the workout exactly at 6:32am from Makuns Hotel junction. My usual routine is to jog from the earlier mentioned point to and fro Lameco junction in less than 15mins with ease, I actually enjoyed it: the morning breeze was perfect.

About 5mins back to my starting point, my whole body couldn’t take it any longer. That could be associated to my long break from workout. My ankles start to ache, my legs felt like they are about to fall off, I could hear something telling me to STOP! STOP!!, STOP!!! Another voice told me to continue. Good vs evil, the two thought kept battling until I switched my attention to the song on my
earpiece yet didn’t stop, I kept struggling and aches and pain running through my veins. Despite the pain, I kept running, something just kept me going. I never gave in to the thought of stopping. 

Shortly after climbing that mountain, I started enjoying it once again till I got back to my starting point. This is a similar event to what happens in real life where we are faced with choices and taking actions. When we face challenges, we feel like giving up and not fighting back. But you don’t have to give up, you keep pushing and trying: You’ll surely prevail. After your victory start enjoying the fruits of your labour. 

No pain, no gain they say, when faced with choices, never give negative thoughts a chance. Believe in yourself and believe in God. Follow your heart when it matters most. I’ll like to admonish you never to give up.          

In order not to miss this next update on this blog, Subscribe to this Blog now or enter your email under the Follow by Email tab on the right. Follow Us on Twitter and Like Us on Facebook.

Invite your friends too to this blog and don't forget to share our stories.
http://buildyourheart.blogspot.com
www.facebook.com/buildyourheart
Follow us on Twitter @buildyourheart

Stay Blessed...    
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts on this article. Your feedback can help others...

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *